Sofia Kourtesis declares new EP 'Fresia Magdalena' and offers 'La Perla' - world point Sofia Kourtesis declares new EP 'Fresia Magdalena' and offers 'La Perla'

Sofia Kourtesis declares new EP 'Fresia Magdalena' and offers 'La Perla'

 


Sofia Kourtesis has declared her new EP 'Fresia Magdalena' – you can hear the track 'La Perla' underneath. 


Set for discharge on March 19 through the Ninja Tune engrave Technicolor, the Berlin-based Peruvian craftsman's new delivery follows on from her breakout February 2020 EP 'Sarita Colonia'. 


Talking about 'La Perla', which you can hear underneath, Kourtesis said: "In spite of the fact that I've tested my own voice previously, this is the first occasion when I've truly sung on a track. My fantasy is to build up a live show and I made 'La Perla' in view of that. 


"'La Perla' is tied in with gazing at the ocean, It's the main thing I'll do when I re-visitation of Peru. My father used to say gazing at the ocean resembles contemplation, it clears your head. This melody is for him. It's difficult for me to tune in to 'La Perla' as it composed it during a period I lost my father to leukemia. This tune is for him, descansa en paz dad." 



'Fresia Magdalena' was recorded in both Lima, Peru (where Kourtesis' family as of now live) and Berlin, with the EP highlighting an assortment of field accounts which Kourtesis made while visiting Lima.

"Fresia is my mom's name: for what seems like forever she's contended energetically for the individuals of Magdalena, Peru," Kourtesis clarified about the importance behind the EP's title. "This is my recognition for her and different activists around the globe endeavoring to better the existences of others. We as artists have a duty to assist our networks with having their voices heard, changes are required." 


You can see the tracklist for Sofia Kourtesis' 'Fresia Magdalena' EP beneath. 

1. La Perla 

2. Close by 

3. Nicolas 

4. Dakotas 

5. Juntos



0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post